View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 07:48 PM

oldskewel is on a distinguished road
OK, I can believe this is a valid procedure. But I've spent way more than 30 minutes just trying to read things to figure out what the specific steps are.

Is there an updated, clearly written post somewhere in these 38 pages?

The very first post is not written in the clearest English, contains multiple methods all presented together, and has several photos which I believe are not part of the recommended method. Right?

For example, photos of the brakes, the axle nut, etc. being removed. Why? It would be best to completely ignore those, right? Would be even better if they were not there, right?

I really think that reading 38 pages to fill in the blanks kind of negates the whole point of doing it in 30 minutes.

Very specifically, here is where I am stuck, trying to follow these steps from post #1:
4) remove inner and outer boot clamp, hold rotor and pull outwards,
5) remove the C clip from the inner bearings (3 wheeled thing)
6) tap or pull the inner bearing off

"remove inner and outer boot clamp" - does that mean to remove the inner and outer clamps from the inner and outer boots on one axle? Or the inner and outer clamps on the one torn boot? 4 clamps or 2?

"hold rotor and pull outwards" - pull outwards until ??? how far ???

"remove the C clip from the inner bearings (3 wheeled thing)" - on my first reading of this and starting to take things apart, I got to this point, having only removed the outer boot, and see no C clip on the outer CV joint.

So I'm thinking now that step 4) meant to remove 4 clamps from both inner and outer boots on the same side. And 5) "inner bearings" refers to the inner CV joint.

So then "6) tap or pull the inner bearing off" probably refers to the inner CV joint.

That's what I'm guessing, and I'll go out again and try to continue using my best guesses for these things.

Sponsored Links