View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 10:00 AM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Former E46fanatic, new E53 owner

Check the idle RPM you may just need to bump it up a bit: run the AC and see if that smooths the shake then check the steering u-joint as mentioned.

My wife's idle rattle was the CV joint but that will only be the problem if exhibits in gear not neutral. The pulses of the engine torque will remove the slop in any drivetrain part and cause a ripple of motion.

You may be able to feel CV slop with one wheel off the ground and turn wheel by hand. Maybe hold the front drive shaft from moving at the guibo .

If you get a shake that disappears with higher RPM figure out what RPM smooths it out. Learn how to use the hidden menu as one option is RPM.

I thought my neg camber was too high but then I put my iPhone on the wheel and measured and it was within spec. That said a few months later the other side is showing enough wear on the inside edge of the tire I'm confident in a worn bushing and plan to replace. I already have a new-to-me tire (70% tread for 70% discount) I'll keep the worn on the edge tire for emergency spare it's not worn smooth more like starting to cup badly.

Last edited by andrewwynn; 07-17-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Sponsored Links