View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 02:39 PM

oldskewel is on a distinguished road
I've had my '01 for almost 4 years now, which means the door panels have been off about a dozen times by now due to door handle carriers, regulator clips, window clips, and even a door lock actuator failure.

I've bought multiples of the (about 3) different types of clips, trying to figure out what really matters. The post by chrisn7 seems logical, no disagreement there, but I did not look so closely.

I've used all different types and I can't say that there is any real difference.

But here's an important tip that does matter. Of course you'll replace the missing ones, and probably even the ones missing a leg or two. Yes do that. But ALSO, if re-using any clips, inspect them carefully - sometimes they may appear to be fully intact, but when you squeeze them, you'll see that they are cracked and don't have the spring force and structural strength that new ones do.

And regarding the multiple choices, I use the ones with the neoprene washer, not caring as to color. But that matters a lot less than being sure to replace cracked ones.

Sponsored Links