View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 06:21 PM

Fifty150hs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoto View Post
Took a nasty rock chip . Have glass coverage and given the age of the car, I'm sure insc will cover a $200 glass VIN match.

I have OE Comfort Glass.
Right now, none exist in the USA.
I can get it, just will need to wait 2-3 weeks
OE, OEM, dealer installer, glass shop install, I can go on-on.

For discussion, arguements sakes, dealers and even my uber high end body shop subs glass out. So all the heresay arguments on special tools, pretension, etc.....

What camp do you sit in. Does anyone actually re-install/ replace
glass per the TIS once it leaves the factory....\

Just hemming and hawing on what level of repair I want to go with the windshield
replaced mine with a Safelite replacement. The rain sensor and auto headlights didn't work afterwords. Didn't figure it out for awhile. then I found out if you unplug the sensor the intermittent wiper reverts to timed operation which is fine by me. I don't know that BMW glass chips any easier than the Safelite glass, but after 3 years I've got about 1/4 the number of chips that the OEM windshield had when I replaced it. That one had between 7 or 8 years on it. I replaced it because to was so badly pitted that the window always looked dirty. I looked into OE glass when I changed mine, but it was about $400 more than I paid for the Safelite.

Sponsored Links