View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 11:57 AM

SlickGT1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
^Thanks for posting Slick - you have more balls than me - I have 3 gouges in mine from my dumbass renting an aerator, the wheel chocks slipped and I had to stop suddenly, I half caught it with my hand but the top handle gouged in 2 spots just before the dome/sunroof cover, and there are 2 gouges at the rear too. I was hoping to find someone who could make it look 80% with some black thread and some spray glue as its just got a rip, no sags or anything, most places want to R&R and recover the whole thing ($550-600)

Not worth it to me and its not easy finding one locally at a wrecker (not like I can just toss a spare headliner in my backseat LOL) - so I'll check a couple other places to see if they can repair it before I just say screw it and do what you did - however I definitely will get stretch suede, and yes I did a headliner once on my 99 Jetta, and I remember for sure the 3M spray glue was what I used (Super 77 was it, or Super 90?)
The whole thing cost me just over $100. Just bite the bullet and do it. No matter how you slice it, every x5 I have seen the shit starts sagging. It’s not scary at all. Just get the spandex one for sure. If you do that, I’m sure you can get it all done in 4-5 hours. Lots of hints in this thread and you can always ask more.

I plan on selling my x toward end of the year, and still decided to do this, was driving me crazy. Going x5m baby.

2017 F85 x5m, Black on Red. BEAST MODE

"The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one's clothes." - Mark Twain

Unlock OBC post 5

Sponsored Links