Thread: Very bad day
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 09:03 PM

Jeadiex5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty150hs View Post
Wish I could afford that!
Follow up to this. After taking some advice from people on the forum, I decided to repair the car. As it worked out, I found and engine with 55k on it and had it shipped to my mechanic for $1600. While parked at the mechanic, someone backed into it and caved in the door. His insurance issued me a check for $2000 for the repair. I found a door, same color with a VIN just a few away from mine...may have been painted the same day...that was $250 delivered. So...$1850 for door and engine which I applied the $2000 check to. My mechanic installed the engine, hung the door, swapped over all the internal components, glass, interior panel, etc then installed my air bag emulator I bought and had the car completely detailed and ceramic coated...all for $2300. So, I was out $2150 net. Now, today I just wrote a check for a yaw sensor replacement $650 Inc tax. My son better appreciate this!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Xoutpost.com mobile app

Sponsored Links