Thread: Very bad day
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 05:29 PM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270_BMW View Post
Personally I would do some tearing down if the engine to see if you can pin point the issue. If you’re looking at a cracked block you can get an engine for around 900-1700$ from car-part.com which is a site where dealers part out their cars and there is a ton of X5 on there. I did a search for your year and model and there are engines available.
OP has fixed his car and made out really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeadiex5 View Post
Follow up to this. After taking some advice from people on the forum, I decided to repair the car. As it worked out, I found and engine with 55k on it and had it shipped to my mechanic for $1600. While parked at the mechanic, someone backed into it and caved in the door. His insurance issued me a check for $2000 for the repair. I found a door, same color with a VIN just a few away from mine...may have been painted the same day...that was $250 delivered. So...$1850 for door and engine which I applied the $2000 check to. My mechanic installed the engine, hung the door, swapped over all the internal components, glass, interior panel, etc then installed my air bag emulator I bought and had the car completely detailed and ceramic coated...all for $2300. So, I was out $2150 net. Now, today I just wrote a check for a yaw sensor replacement $650 Inc tax. My son better appreciate this!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Xoutpost.com mobile app

Sponsored Links