View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 09:55 AM

semcoinc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohsoslow View Post
Hopefully this link will work.. IPS screen Android 8.0 Car DVD Multimedia Player for BMW E39 M5 with Radio WiFi Bluetooth GPS Navigation-in Car Multimedia Player from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group .. What do you guys think of this? It seems to tick the boxes you guys have mentioned in regards to core speed, ram, operating system etc.. but it’s all outside of my knowledge base! I just want a half decent stereo that has bluetooth to play music. (My x5 has base model stereo with no amplifier) and I guess other features like reversing camera, and gps maps would be nice!
That's a very good price for that basic board performance. The differences with these sources is that they can have varying customized software which can have varying degrees of bugginess. There are many "sellers" of these units who have a base unit built for them that they then put the backbone operating software (the ROM and MCU files) into.

Eonon participates very heavily in the E46 Fanatics forum and provides a lot of support, which is why I purchased an Eonon for my E46 (a Windows version which has been very rock solid after initial Eonon patches) and when it came time for my E53 upgrade I went with another Eonon unit.

If you purchase a unit with a buggy or poorly developed ROM and/or MCU you will spend a lot of time on

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...re-development

to sort out the mess.

Do your research on the most widely purchased units for the E53 and choose carefully.

Mike

Mike
Dallas, TX & Appleton, WI
2003 E53 4.4i Pearl Beige
2003 E46 330Xi Monaco Blue
2007 E90 335Xi Black Sapphire Metallic
2011 F25 X3 28i Black Sapphire Metallic

Sponsored Links