View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 10:54 PM

JohnOfTheJungle is on a distinguished road
Installing X5 seats into non-BMW. Power is not working.

Hi - I’m in the process of installing heated + memory power X5 seats from a 2007-2010 into a non-BMW.

So far I’ve been working on and testing only the passenger seat by running power & ground directly to the corresponding wires on the seat (red/green for power, Brown for ground). The seat is giving me no response whatsoever.

I’ve also tested each of the motors separately by hooking them up to power and they all work. I’ve done quite a bit of reading on the topic, but can’t seem to find many resources on someone putting X5 seats in a different vehicle. I also can not find a wiring diagram for this model with heated + memory seats.

I’ve read that in some cases K-Can might be needed (which I don’t have). I’m also considering the possibility that the ECU under the seat or the switches themselves could be dead. The person I bought the seats from insists they worked fine when he pulled them.

Can anyone shed some light on whether there is anything else I can try here to get the seat to respond? Any advice is appreciated!

Here are a few pics of the wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links