View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 02:49 AM

omodos is on a distinguished road
Ok wpoll ta again, I will do my best to do the lighter socket test over the weekend and see where I stand on starter. As for 4x4 message rarely have got this but as you say when I did was due to low battery....had it one summer on a long trip for my standards, aircon on, radio on even headlights on during the day due to the low low visiblilty caused by dust storm, also got injector failure that day and the dsc 4x4 lucky i was literally 1 min from home.....but all gone when i recharged

Just to clarify the bosch 100ah i had in since dec 2013 the first year never noticed any issue per say (start tad slow but i was none the wiser as I had never heard to spin any faster ever), december 2014 and when temps dropped it got laboured to start ever since then on and off have been using the ctek to keep it going this year being the point of no return as I am sure it has lost it reserve capacity and needed more and more top ups via ctek charger to actually start car.

Replacement is faring well to be honest but I will probably degrade that too if I don't drive more (or charge it once a week or month) so gotta get off my posterior and arrange to install comfort clips of the ctek at the engine bay jump points so I do less and less opening of the engine (been hearing horror stories of cable snapping or plastic clip and people are not able to open without doing major damage)

PS temp is 19c , lowest temps we get is about 5c and that last about 1week a year (apart from the mountain region where it actually snows but anytime been up there was fine)

Sponsored Links