View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Premier Member

Crowz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
Here's the evolution of the heated BMW wheel and I...

I bought a '97 E39. Heated wheel. Heated seats. I wasn't yet 30 years old. I thought, "These are the stupidest things I have ever seen! Who needs heated seats, much less a heated wheel?!"

I sold it in less than 3 months. Bought my '00 E39 with heated seats- but no bothersome heated wheel. BC, WTF, right? What a weird, wonderful journey it is to be with the same cars and actually start to appreciate the little things they did right outta the box.

It's 20 years since I bought that 1st E39. Hell, I still *own* the 00 540. And those heated seats, along with the ones in both of my E53's have really become the starting point. Add a daughter who loves turning them on in the *back* seats of the E53, and you've got a downright family member on your hands.

And so I just decided. One particularly chilly soccer game this past month made me know the time is right.

I've aged *in* to the heated steering wheel. In the same damn chassis. The real question is, what will I do with the '75 '02?
I added the heated steering wheel to the E53 and loved it. Wife has that one now. The E70 I have has the heated steering wheel factory plus front and back heated seats. I worry the alternator is going to die when the family piles in. 4 seats, steering wheel plus the front and rear heater fans all going at idle. Cant be a happy alternator
2000 323i
2001 X5 3.0 auto
2005 X5 3.0 auto
2013 X5 xdrive35 Turbo
More are at my website

Aftermarket E53 Radio Install

Sponsored Links