View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 12:46 AM

oldskewel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncrocrick View Post
I am about to do a 1000 miles trip in the winter with my X5 at 170k....I am thinking it may be a good idea to carry a spare one just in case...
The fuel pump in my '01 3.0i died suddenly (right in front of my house, luckily) at 173k miles. After cutting it open afterwards, I saw that the brushes had just worn down. So it did not break, it just wore out. Predictable.

Knowing what I know now, I agree and would definitly carry a spare, and yes Pierburg is what I used and would recommend. Pierburg, made in USA, was original, and what came out of mine.

BTW, TI Automotive bought Pierburg a decade or so ago, so don't be worried if the pump says that. I believe my box said Pierburg, sealed with a hologram and everything, fully legit. And the pump inside the box was a perfect match with the one I removed except that it said TI Automotive, which worried me for a couple of minutes until the google explained things. I re-used the plastic housing, gauge, etc. with no problems at all and would do it again.

Sponsored Links