View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:17 PM

wpoll will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
This is a case where the pics really accent the small lip. I rarely think about it any more when I look at it. I see it as a trade off for a ginormous screen.

As for the fitment, like some of the other units, there are no bottom mounting holes. The unit is designed (not well) to pressure fit at the bottom and screw in at the top. Some folks have used shims and longer top screws to offset that a bit. I have considered it, but like I said, doesn't bother me anymore.
HUs like this are supposed to be supported are the rear of the electronic module and most used to come with a rear mount pin that is meant to mate into a central hole in the back of the dash somewhere, supporting the HU. This isn't an option with the BMW setup and seems to be a thing of the past on other platforms too.

The Avin unit gets around this by having a flat form-factor electronic section but they can do this as they have no optical drive - HUs with an optical drive need greater depth.

So yeah, it would be good to have either better rear support for the electronic module or bolts at the lower front.

Sponsored Links