View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 10:01 PM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
I'm pretty sure that's how both the Eonon in the E46 and the Xtrons work in my E53. Even the previous Eonon would trigger a blank screen- would have been an image if I'd ever connected a camera.

But you'd still have to power the camera. And that wire needs tapped. Since it's a reverse only camera (normally) tapping the reverse lights makes sense. Or am I not smelling what you guys are steppin in?

Seems to me that if you want full time recording, just power the camera on when the A/C is on. The trick is that these units only have the single line input for front- labeled DVR, IIRC. But, if you power both cameras and get something that'll send a split signal to the DVR input, you should get what you want using the radio.

Of course, if none of that is what you guys want, then I'll just read some more and stay quiet.
Yes sir. In a normal scenario powering the camera only in reverse would work even with the 1 to 2 second boot time. What I am trying to achieve is full time front and rear recording whenever the car or radio power is on so the cameras will need that ignition switch position 1 or 2 power source. Easy enough.

Where I am struggling is the triggering event and wiring of 2 separate cameras. When I asked the rep for a wiring schematic or even pictures or the camera wiring harness I might have just as well been speaking in a foreign language. LOL he even told me the head unit powers the rear camera. I asked him how the **** do you power a camera from a video RCA jack ...

These Avin support guys are just keyboard warriors. I need to speak with someone with at least my level of comprehension...

Sponsored Links