View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 02:04 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
I noticed in the Q and A that there is a video out/power cable that must be requested upon order. I did request that cable so we will see... I guess the WiFi does have issues in the app connecting and disconnecting from what I read but it is just a simple dash cam in the end so I am not thinking I will need the WiFi or the app.
I could not get it to stay powered up without the WiFi connected, and as soon as WiFi would disconnect the camera would soon power down after that. And with no way to see output I wasn't sure it was doing anything. I saw that about the AV cable too but we'll see how you make out. I could just cut the OBD2 dongle and splice into power but I'm not sure I want to go that route. Let me know how you get on with yours, maybe I'll get with them about that AV cable but I don't think this camera is for me at present.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links