Thread: Seeing PWM Data
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:21 PM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Seeing PWM Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
I would expect the PWM signal to be a square wave with a peak value of around 12v. Not sure of the frequency but I'm sure I've heard my (bad) tail light connections "sing" so the frequency is likely within the audible spectrum (20Hz - 20kHz), most likely around a few kHz.

I REALLY need to go and find my Fluke 'scope Meter.... it's on loan to someone and I cannot locate it...

I need to locate mine it's in my basement but I haven't used in years. I've been trying to get an oscope to iPhone interface for years but the ones avail though awesome have as of yet been too limited in voltage range. Eg 20v max input. Too bad!

I'm sure the batteries in the scope meter are quite shot so I'd have to deal with that also.

That said. I need to resolve why my remote fob died and the prime suspect is the receiver/amplifier in the hatch center glass and the test is to watch the output waveform when pressing the key fob button.

I'm thinking I'll swap mine and wife's antenna amplifier and see if I can re-pair my key.

Sponsored Links