View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 03:28 AM
Premier Member

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmv View Post
Congrats on finding one. Seems like it doesn't have the door pieces. Either way should look fine in IR. Does it has a tow-hitch cover or no?
Well, your kit was probably in better condition when you got to taking it off the donor vehicle than mine was. Not all the fasteners were present and some serious repair was necessary. Fortunately the body guy did an incredible job though it did take a month+... but I'd rather it be done right than done fast.

No door pieces on this one, and honestly on imola especially, I think I prefer it without the pods. Gives the truck a little more of a "waist" and adds to the flared wide-body effect. At least to my eyes. No tow-hitch cover either as my 4.8 is tow package equipped... as was the donor truck so it did not come with the cover.

I saw that you sold your truck on Panjo... ran across the images when I was doing aero kit research. How did that experience go?

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links