View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 03:30 AM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
A quick preview of what's to come:

First I used a Dremel cut off wheel to remove about half of the rivet head. This more than doubled the gap between the rivet head and the metal behind it.

Green is the doubled gap, red is the remaining rivet head.

Holy crap! The water still just seeks out that crazy spot! Look where the blue arrow is pointing! Now I didn't freeze it and see if I weakened it enough that or will be easy to break free but I think I'll do that experiment tonight.

The crazy thing is this: that even when I've doubled or tripled the gap, that one drop off water just rolls back and forth and stays right under the rivet as if it was as magnet.

Until I added this feature: shark gills. Pulling the outer door handle will eliminate the drop off water with a single pull. Annoyingly that won't operate itself so in a case where the car was out in the rain then it drops below freezing you might get a frozen door situation, but say you drove in the rain stop at a store and drive home after but the rain has stopped, the water drop will be removed. Also you will learn to go clear the rain drops: if it just switched from rain to snow and temp below freezing, go pull any door handle with the tweak, door can be locked as long as the self destruct button had been removed and the drop off water will be eliminated.

Sponsored Links