View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 09:45 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Aero Package Reveal!!!

Well, finally got everything painted, installed, and put her back on all fours again after a month and a half. Took a long time for the body guy to repair the damage that the bumpers had on them. Have pics of that but will save them for the build thread. He did an amazing job and I'd much prefer to have things done right over fast anyday. He's coming over Sunday to buff the whole truck as a maya culpa for the delays (he quoted a week originally).

But I couldn't resist pulling her out and snapping some pics with the DSLR. I wanted to wait but the excitement got the better of me. All of the badges will be blacked out eventually but so far only did the 4.8is ones which were moved onto the door due to the kit. Let me know what you guys think... I'm sure some will think it is a downgrade, which I totally understand and respect. I don't like the aero kit on some X5's that I see it on either. But I think it looks really good on imola and in person she looks really "hippy" and wide with the wheel and tire package now with this kit (even though I think the "is" flares are actually a few mm wider). I'm super chuffed.

She goes in to get the front bumper and the side skirts Xpel PPF wrapped in a couple of weeks to keep her looking the way she does now. Painter is going to shoot the hood in the future as well... and then that will have to be wrapped too.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links