View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 12:59 AM

xskizzx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
This is weird though... for a non-nav car with the Hi-fi amp, the Android unit should play nicely. My Avin 2 worked perfectly fine in my old nav equipped Hi-fi sound system. Didn't run a single speaker wire or remove the factory amplifier. Sounded great.

It sounds like you are going to have to pull everything to see where the installer messed up. If everything is plugged in at the dash using the correct harness... you should have no issues AFAIK.

EDIT: How was the audio quality pre-Android unit? Any distortion present?
Not that I'm aware of... but to be honest I didn't really push it or maybe wasn't paying close enough attention. I was listening to some FM and most AM sports radio.. Hard to tell if a tweeter is blown with that... It is possible that tweeters are blown.. but I'm going to redo the install myself or see if he'll go over it with me so I can diagnose. I do remember as soon as I picked it up it was extremely loud at 5-6 on the volume fader and started to distort really early. That didn't seem right at all to me.

I'm going to test a few different audio sources and keep track of the sound quality and get back to you guys.

Thank you everyone for all the help.

Sponsored Links