View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 11:48 AM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
Except the installer used the factory output speaker wires from the aftermarket amp instead of the line level output which as you can see are hanging loose. Sounds like you are overdriving the factory amp with the Eonon unit. Get the adapter that allows you to goes from RCA female connector on the Eonon to pigtail connectors and use those pigtails to wire into the connector that you bought to connect to the factory harness.
That would be an interesting experiment. But shouldn't be necessary with his current system. Unless there is a dramatic difference in the output levels of these android head units. I haven't ever heard of anyone having to use the low level outputs of one of these units to feed signal to the speaker level inputs on the OE amplifier. I certainly didn't have to.

Crowz is right... could be the Eonon itself acting up. Though looking at those pictures really makes me question the skill (pride of work) of the installer.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links