View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 02:58 PM

North Idaho X5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attacking Mid View Post
As I feared, mine stopped working today. I pulled off the ballast and checked continuity in all the wires from the plug to the ballast and then from the ballast to the ignitor plug. I have the common problem of cracking insulation on the wires, but I had proper continuity on all wires. I cleaned the contacts on the ignitor/bulb face. I also noticed the little ground tab that contacts the housing of the plug going into the ignitor looked a bit flattened, so I pried it up a bit with a small screwdriver.

Attachment 75300

I put it back in and it worked. In fact, it worked better than yesterday, as it comes on immediately. Yesterday when I finally got it to work, it had a 10ish second delay before it would come on.

I'm still leaving the bumper off until I'm confident I have it working reliably.

AM.

Thank you, the ballast, igniter, Headlight Control Unit and new bulb have been swapped over to the opposite side, where they all work fine. Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on the igniter and it's contacts. I hope yours stays working, and you get your bumper back on soon!

Sponsored Links