View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Attacking Mid is on a distinguished road
I re-cleared the left lens and it looks MUCH better. Unfortunately, when I put the lights back in, the right one, which had worked perfectly since repairing the severed wire, started flickering, hissing, and then went out. Clearly, my light woes are not yet solved.

I didn't feel like waiting for BMW to open on Monday to get coolant, so after a little research, I bought 6L of Pentosin Pentafrost. I'm sure it will work fine. I'm less sure if I want to keep it pure over the next few years, or not worry about blending with BMW coolant should the need arise to add. The other thought I'm kicking around is gradually switching all the BMW's over to Pentosin. It's about the same price and is more readily available than BMW coolant. Still thinking.

Reinstalled some of the extraneous stuff... fan, shroud, underbody plastic cowling, air intake duct. I'm getting really close to having her "done". Just have to get the lights sorted out, reinstall the front bumper, and she's ready to be a daily driver.

AM.
E46 1999 2.8 M52TU 5MT Black with Tan Leather 250K+ miles (Sold, but not forgotten)

Sponsored Links