View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 04:11 AM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Nice setup Neil. We were looking into something similar before selling our X3 in favor of the X35d the wife drives now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_5 View Post
Any updates on the front camera and sub setups?
No news on the front camera. Can't find something I'm happy with that is small enough to stick into the housing from the original camera I purchased. I like the housing enough to try to use it but if this keeps up I'll go with something from Seicane or the like.

Sorry nothing to report really except that I've finalized the layout of the rack and box. Started building the lower compartment tray that goes on the suspension compressor. Hoping to work on it this weekend but the weather looks like garbage and I hate cutting MDF indoors. Maybe I'll do it under the patio or carport...

At any rate the OE load floor will be hinged to allow access to the storage underneath. It's ~5/8" (could be 1/2, could be 3/4... need to remove carpet to tell) material so I might beef it up a little bit to support the ~100lbs of sub, box, amps, and amp rack that is going to go on top of it. Hopefully some progress this weekend.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links