View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 02:23 AM
Premier Member

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoto View Post
Post #84 .I cannot recall the exact name, but do you remember the IXOS quick connectors for AV. Those were the cat's paw. While we all love neat wiring, add in slack for service. Been there....and it added what felt like 3 hrs of time to unbutton/button things back when needing to get down to the boot.
I don't remember IXOS connectors. Googled them and they look pretty t*ts.

I agree about slack. Anything that might need to be serviced in the future and would be easier if it were moved 12"... will have at least 12" of slack.

Got some more work done in the truck going to update the first post in a few but here's how the electronics box turned out after adding the PDC reverse cam box/wiring. Accidentally ran an extra ground down in there as the Avin had the video in motion ground back there so I had pre-run one to the box. This unit has it up front at the head unit so I grounded it up there and I just tucked the extra one by the PDC and wrapped it up. Won't have to go back down in there again. Hopefully. Happy with the mostly OEM(ish) look to the wiring though.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links