View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Premier Member

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoto View Post
With bulb source is your switchbacks ?

In my case, it's LED. It behaves fine (switchbacks) with lows off.
The issues is the constant 12V (PWM) that comes into play with lows on.

I think turning off turn signals may shut/SHUNT the PWM 12 volt , but the PWM is causing the funky issues on the switchback rings. Regardless, I feel at the end of the day, I would still want running amber sides when lows are on (some level of sidelight visibility) than no lights on the side.
Bought the signal bulbs on Amazon. I think I linked them somewhere... will go through my order history in a bit.

I still get amber on parking lights with lows on. Just the white LED chips never illuminate. So effectively I have a set of replacement signal lights that emulate the factory bulbs in terms of how they act. Amber for running lights both with and without low beams on. Flash amber for signal.

Edit: These are the ones I ordered. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links