View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 06:09 PM

Jeadiex5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Agree! this return pipe and hose gets clogged with the same light brown oil and freezes. It is a common point of blockage with this problem.

CCV Oil Separator problems on BMW and Mercedes show up every winter at my local garage. Horrible (intentional?) engineering.
Agreed...they knew this was an issue from long ago and should have provided a platform to fix it. My Volvos don't have this issue not does my son's 2010 Jetta. normal maintenance is one thing...oil change, timing belt, etc.... however...my 75,000 mile perfectly maintained e53 with the m54 engine....should never have detonated. It's not right that I'm out $4000 for an engine replacement for something I could never have known about. Should I have to drive my car on the highway every day? It's a car...it should get me to and from work without drama. And for what those things cost, it should have been more reliable. Don't get me wrong, I loved the car but ended up giving it to my 16 year old to drive as I don't completely trust it anymore as far as reliability. BMW should have stood by this, period!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Xoutpost.com mobile app

Sponsored Links