View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 PM

petebert is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=StephenVA;1157411]On the Power Steering
Replace both hoses (they provided their full life by now). Replace the reservoir with a ZF branded one. You will need three new clamps as well (two at the reservoir and one down by the pump) Flush out all the old fluid and add in new. Fluid color tells you what you need. Green or red stuff! Red= ATF+4 for example. I personally use Valvoline Syn ATF+4 from Auto Zone. When your new reservoir gets a few years on it, you can just replace the seal on the lid.

Like what has been posted before, this reservoir has a "weep hole" in the spin on lid and vents the mist on the side. A quick wipe every time your under the hood solves the issue. Your vehicle looks like it operated under a closed hood policy, "What happen there is not important". Kinda like a coffin...once in closed forever. Typical lack of maintenance and interest by a previous owner. Normal.

QUOTE]

I'm going with Pentosin 11S for PS fluid. My Audis are super picky on what fluids you put in them and ECS listed the 11S for the X5 so I went with that. I also wasn't sure which PS lines I'd need to get so I'll just get the ones you listed. I ordered the complete belt kit which includes a/c tensioner with pulley, other belt tensioner with pulley and the idler. Ordered the water pump with metal impeller and the BMW coolant.

I run LiquiMoly Leichtlauf in 5w40, haven't figured out what I want to run in 5w30 yet so I just ordered the oil kit from ECS that has the OEM labeled oil.

Sponsored Links