View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 12:54 AM

Bmwfvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickGT1 View Post
The screens are held on by plastic clips. You can leave solenoids in place and pop screens off. You may not have to do even that. The crap will be on the outside of the screens. But since you in there, you should remove screens to be sure.

I recommend this because first fluid and filter change I did, crud got loosened up, from filter gasket to be exact, and ended up blocking my solenoids. My reverse became atrocious when car was hot. Cold, no problems. I replaced my solenoids, because I already had them, but it was obvious when I saw the reverse solenoid screen that I caused the blockage. With the filter change.

The stupid filter has a long ass tune that goes up into the trans. The tube has the gasket on it. Pink in color. My gasket was baked on, and removing the little baked on shit was nearly impossible in a hole that’s an inch diameter and 6” deep. Dumbest filter in the world. Anyway, if you see pink shit on your solenoids. You know what happened.
so if i had to remove the pan again to address the shifting issue, will i be able to reuse it? pan and filter were replaced like 2 months ago. I'd hate to have to buy a new kit!! I paid the dealer $700 for the transmission service

Sponsored Links