View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:15 AM

BMRLVR4LF is on a distinguished road
Verylarry did you get some pictures of how you were able to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verylarry View Post
Well it’s done! I have to admit it was easier than I expected it to be. First I rolled the passenger window all the way down and reached in to remove the door handle trim then the two T-20 screws. Then removed the pull handle trim to get to the T-20 screw underneath. Then I popped the door card loose from the top side and wedged a 10” long screwdriver between the door card and door body. This gave me room to see the actuator and see what I needed to do next. I then laid the passenger seat all the way down and back so that I could get right in there. After removing the power plug from the actuator,I was able to shock the actuator with 24v. I was not carful on this because 1. it was still a reach 2. I don’t care about the old actuator and any last movement out of it could only help me. I heard a slight tick then plugged the cars power plug back in and... POP it opened. I was able to open the door and finish the job in a normal fashion.
I will try to post some pictures after I get them up to a host.
Thanks for sharing! Can you explain how you were able to pop the actuator to open the door? I have the same issue but on the rear drivers door.
Thanks again for the post!

Sponsored Links