View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 07:34 PM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
I only went back a few pages...and I didn't see where you did TEST #21 after replacing any components. I'm not even sure if I got the gist of what was replaced...but if your fuel gauge is not reading correctly or your TEST #6 numbers are way off...if you replace a fuel sender...you need to perform TEST #21. This will help with the "damping function" of data. Without a reset it may take multiple fill-ups for the data to correct itself after replacing components that deal with sending fuel consumption data to the IKE.

Also, when you go to the 2nd screen of TEST 6...what are your "PHASE" numbers? Is it PHASE 1, PHASE 2, OR PHASE 3? The "phase" number reveals if one of the fuel senders is not working properly.

{see description of TEST 6 for "phase" info}

{see description of TEST 21 for reset info}

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

I remembered 'i saw this somewhere' but it took me a couple hours to figure out where! I 'knew' i saw it on my detailed fuel supply thread, so i just had to read post-by-post until i found it!

there is literally NOTHING on the internet that returns anything helpful when you search anything related to 'reset fuel gauge bmw' literally nothing useful.

I remembered that 'somebody posted how to reset' after 'replacing a fuel sender' and somewhere, and i sure was hoping it was on this thread!

Story to follow.

Sponsored Links