View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 08:04 PM

Ajnorris is on a distinguished road
Scr valve test fluid weight and spray pattern

Was hoping to get some advice on the test procedure for my 2010 x5 diesel scr metering valve. Im getting a scr catalyst efficiency code and an active tank level sensor code. I hooked it up to ista and ran the metering valve spray test. The spray pattern looked great out of three holes in the injector but the fluid weight was like 5 grams vs the 25-30 it was supposed to be. I ran the test until the pressure dropped to 0 and it was done spraying.
Anything I'm missing here before I remove and replace the injector like ista tells me to? There was no crusty build up at all on the injector and the pressure was within spec during the test. The filler cap for the active tank was pretty crusty when I bought the car 3k miles ago so I was thinking maybe the PO overfilled and clogged the vent. Doesnt look to hard to remove the tank or at least remove the fenderwell to have a peek. CEL light comes and goes. It has the old version of the NOx sensors that ista says to replace before it will check the scr catalyst and its under 120k miles so I was thinking about bringing it to the dealer to at least replace those for free first but figured Id do my best to troubleshoot first. Still getting used to doing what a computer tells me. ista sure makes troubleshooting easier vs the old fasion way Im use to.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ajnorris; 04-17-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Sponsored Links