View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 09:05 PM

Dking078 is on a distinguished road
4.8is Dual Axle Air Suspension Woes. Codes wont clear?

Been having a bear of a time with my 4.8 recently.

Initially the car gave 2 codes for implausible height readings from the Front left and Rear right height level sensors.

Did the obvious, changed the sensors, coded and worked okay for a bit, but then the height levels did whatever they wanted. It would be coded level and then react all weird within a few days and using the rocker switch basically crippled the car (FL & RR) at max opposites. Back to the Indy it goes.

Clear codes, swap sensors from Side to side, and re code height. Works great...for a few miles then same error "SLS inactive, max speed 35mph" horay. Except rocker panel is off (as it should), height is perfectly fine. Back to Indy again. Seems the module is sensing voltage deviations at all corners constantly even though the car is stationary.

Basically at this time, it's one of two things in our minds. Wire issue or bad module. Lucky me I had an extra EHC II module for this very day. Grab the module, code it, recode suspension, look great, feel great. Done? Not quite...
Now it does whatever the heck it wants! Turning on the car will usually be code free and work (up/down) and drive fine for anywhere from 1-20-ish miles and then BAM same stupid codes! Front left and Rear Right.
I think but how! Sensors were not only replaced, but swapped sides, module was replaced too. All the bags are good, no leaks, dam near new too. Same with the compressor which is rock solid.

Any idea's folks? I'm about ready to drop in some BC coils and be done with this .

I used PA Soft at home and keep getting these codes:
Attached Images

2004 BMW X5 4.8is [Black Sapphire] / [Black Nappa] [Nav] [DSP] [Style 87]
2003 BMW 540i [Sterling Gray / Gray]
[Msport] [Mods from A-Z] [Two-tone Interior]

Sponsored Links