View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 10:10 AM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by talljames View Post
I am not sure. I think it has something to do with the air bag suspension at the rear and how stiff they are and also the other parts that make up the stiffer suspension. Wow, what a difference though.
If you have the rear SLS (EHC I) you will have a metal dome over the compressor in the spare tire wheel well...and the spare sits atop the dome.

If you have chrome trim exterior trim, then you probably have the standard rear SLS (I guess this would be the "comfort") suspension. If you have shadowline trim, sport seats, and 3 spoke sport steering wheel (and any of the other things that indicate the sport pkg)...then you will have the sport-tuned rear SLS system.

If you have a switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel that allows you to raise/lower the vehicle...then you have dual SLS (EHC II) system.

Some owners prefer to remove the SLS suspensions...but apparently you like it (as do I). I think it offers a great ride when working properly.

{BMW CCA Member #191509 - (for more info see: www.bmwcca.org)}
  • 2013 f06 650ix GC (1/13 build date) Black Sapphire exterior/Schwarz (black) Nappa Leather interior
  • 2006 e53 X5 4.4i (12/05 build date) Sterling Gray exterior/Schwarz (black) Dakota Leather interior
  • 1997 e38 740iL (sold) Arctic Silver
  • 1999 e39 540iT (sold) Orient Blue
  • 1995 e34 525iT (sold) Alpine White
  • 1991 e32 735iL (sold) Schwarz (black)
  • 1985 e30 325e (sold) Bronzit

Sponsored Links