View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 09:05 AM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
So a couple of weeks with the Avant-4 and wanted to put my review in. Mostly working really good, audio is fine and better than original OEM Business CD with mid. There are a few things I didn't understand and I am learning the Android system as I go.

What happened this week was the internal microphone seemed to have failed. It seems to be a common failure on these Chinese units somewhere in the solder joints. Complete static and very low volume on the receiving end of my phone calls. Annoying but took it all back apart and fitted an external microphone up in the alarm ultrasonic panel and that solved that problem.

Second failure was the iGo offline navigation maps app which I paid $50 for when ordering. It worked fine for the first 2 weeks but now when launching the app it gives me a out of memory error and I tried clearing data and cache with no results. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it also with no results.

I contacted AVIN and got a pretty quick reply asking me to uninstall the app and reinstall it. I replied to their email that I had tried their recommendation and even sent the picture below to them but now has been several days with no response. I believe the SD card gave up and even suggested that to AVIN in my email but not a word from them.

We will see where this goes but for now I am less than satisfied with the support from AVIN. I guess this is common on the Chinese systems but I chose AVIN because of the USA support side but I guess it really does not matter in the end. The support is nearly non-existent from AVIN.
Attached Images

Last edited by Overboost; 05-22-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Sponsored Links