View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 08:59 AM

Kineticmike is on a distinguished road
P1092 or BMW 235 Fault

2006 E53 X5 3.0 Automatic
I know this is an old post, maybe someone will see this, but there were two fixes listed here one was a post cat oxygen sensor and the other was by clearing the adaptations.
Can the person who found the post cat oxygen sensor to be defective tell me if they ever measured the heater resistance of the o2 sensor or were they getting voltages on that o2 sensor that were not correct before they replaced it?
For the person who resolved it by clearing adaptations can you please tell me which adaptations you cleared as there many. I am using INPA to see my data.
As I am currently experiencing the 235 fault and replaced just about everything except the o2 sensors which seem to be reading ok and my fuel trims are also reading under 10%. I have also smoked the engine and have no vacuum leaks.
Freeze frame data also looks normal, and when I look at the frequency of the fault in INPA it counts up really quick up to max 255 within a week or two.
I am going to try and replace the 2 post cat oxygen sensors this weekend and see if that’s it or not.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links