View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 06:22 PM

Purplefade is on a distinguished road
Hey oldskewel, I agree, more concern with the reconnect spike vs the sitting powered down. My Indy said it’s more like the longer it’s powered down the more likely it is to “wake up foggy” he called it. If it sits too long it can freeze, like the cmos in a pc freaks out and loses the time & date when that little battery goes dead, and you have to boot, power off and reboot to jump start the cmos, he said the dme ram backup is like that. More of writing a backup to the dme ram per say than backing up what is in the dme. My LIMITED understanding is the wording is backwards to what it actually does, again my limited understanding, is that it is really applying a backup copy of the dme “code” back to the dme so it refreshes it and it “wakes up fully”.

This shouldn’t mess with the firmware per say, this should be more of a “boot sector repair” to allow the dme to reach out to and verify all the other modules in the car and recalibrate.

All that said - I am sure someone with significantly more brain capacity than I will jump in and clear that up [emoji16]

I really don’t want to mess with my firmware, just jump start the dme.

Sponsored Links