View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 10:08 AM

Purplefade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M-ISH View Post
Did you ever verify the timing? I had an M62 with similar issues and come to find out the PO had misaligned the exhaust cam one tooth when doing timing chain guides. You have several threads going so I’m not sure if you stated that.

I’ve never heard of working on the VANOS to fix a mirror issue; I learn something new every day

Right! DME Ram Backup to try and fix a Vanos issue and all I get are working mirrors [emoji50]

Ha!

Timing was my first thought but following the valve stem seals I checked the timing, went in for dinner and double checked it a second time before putting the valve covers back on. It’s really strange that it will now start and run fine for 30 seconds +\- before transitioning back to a lumpy idle. What’s even more strange is that it only idles rough for 30 ish seconds or so before smoothing back out again... but even after it smooths back out I still can’t touch the accelerator pedal or it lags and wants to stall.

It’s almost like the car comes online, starts and runs and then as everything else starts up O2 sensors warm up, transitions to valvetronic, etc, etc, it just forgets how to run somewhere in that process.

I’m throwing in the towel for the most part, it’s being towed over to my Indy today/tomorrow for a second pair of eyes to look at on Monday.

I will definitely keep everyone posted on what he finds... it’s driving me insane!

Sponsored Links