View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 05:10 PM

wpoll will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsotnek View Post
Hello,

I thank you for your reply full of good possible solutions. My vehicle is 2002 3.0d engine. I got this car for fairly cheap, from a guy in need of money 2 years ago. The car was not in perfect condition, I had it repaired and restored best I could. I’m still going and still improving the best I can. When I got the car only 2 sensors were attached out of 8 and I bought 6 sensors and reconnected them. The headlights themselves don’t seem to be original headlights, they are all white with angel eyes installed probably later. I will check the trunk and also the fuse and let you know.
Well, given that the 2002 cars never had angel eyes (halo parking lights) from the factory, it's a given that you have either after-market headlights or retro-fitted AEs on factory headlights. Either way, it's a mod...

Firstly, it would be interesting to know if you have CCFL AEs or some other lighting technology (e.g LED). Can you see the AEs lamps very well? Are they a clear(ish) tube that lights up very white once going?

You might also be able to spot the ballasts (transformers) behind the headlights somewhere...

If you have these ballasts, they are the likely cause of your issues with the PDC system, as per the thread I linked to in a previous post. Not sure anyone ever found a fix for it.

You could change the CCFL AE lamps to LED I 'spose...

LED AE rings won't interfere with the PDC system like the CCFL ones do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
If they are not factory head lights and angel eyes. You may want to check the wiring and make sure it's not using a PDC wire for trigger or power or something else weird.
Good point, crystalworks, that's worth checking too, especially if they are CCFL (since they are definitely after-market or modified factory lights...).

As for why the PDC system works correctly but doesn't show up on BMW Scanner... Do all the other modules show up OK?

Sponsored Links