View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 02:04 PM
.1 decrease 0-60 time = $1000 & DIY

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emory39 View Post
If someone would like to add it to his N62 X5 what kind of kit would be looked at.
There are no kits for our BMWs. There are universal kits. My universal kit is from Nitrous Express, 3 tanks from nitrous outlet, 2 bottle openers, heater blanket and purge kit from Zex, 3 gauges from Glow Shift and meth injection and controller is from Snow. You should at least have low restriction exhaust. I have LR exhaust and electric cutouts. The install isn't that difficult though it takes some planning. I have all of the controls wired in at the bottom of the console which was no fun at all. Then you need a few hours on a dyno to do some tuning. Mine was on the difficult side because I chose to keep the Dinan tune that advanced the timing rather than retarded it and I didn't go to colder plugs. That is part of the reason for meth.

How much of a shot is based on the condition and design of the engine or how much risk you are willing to take. You also have to consider limitations of the driveline components such as the transmission. I don't have to use my X5 as a daily driver.

Last edited by bcredliner; 06-21-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Sponsored Links