View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 05:15 PM

DacidSalin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
The hitch hold bar can be found on eBay. I lost one of mine and was about to buy a replacement when I found it. It's a key help in moving the 75# tire in and out.
Is the tire that heavy? It is a little awkward with the tailgate. Found the "Trunk Lid Support" for $5 and about the same to ship. Thanks for the clue.

Quote:
Odoban is your friend: kills almost any kind of bug/germ. Also look into the procedure for cleaning the evaporator. It involves drilling some holes to get access to the evaporator from the engine bay and spraying through the holes.
I have some. There's just no good way to get to the carpet under the center console at the firewall. Vacuum nozzle doesn't even reach in well. Wondering if I should pull the entire center console, but could be quite a hassle with the trans selector and parking brake lever.

Quote:
Key is only made by one place in USA. You can get a key blank cut that will open the door and remote fob but it won't start the car. Expect to spend about $200 on a replacement key. You need the title and a driver's license to order one.
Brits can re-program the EWS on the spot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oepgl7lcduA

Quote:
You referred to removing the hub you really just meant rotor. The hub is permanently pressed into the bearing and removal means bearing replacement.
Yes, meant rear rotor. Have replaced hubs before - Not an issue here. Wrong word.

Quote:
The rear rotors are also the drum for the parking brake. They will usually be worn in to the point you need to loosen the adjustment before the rotor can come off. You probably have a broken cable if there is no function.
Since I'm pulling the center console apart as much as I can (to get to the carpet), I'll take a look.

Quote:
There is a reset/learn procedure for the rain sensing wipers. Search for the procedure online. If the windshield was replaced and no sensor or sensor not working the sensor wipers won't work properly.
Just happens that I have the Plinkington replacement windscreen discussed here. Wonder if it ever worked.

The adhesive looks like the last photo here.

This looks like I need INPA or a specific scan tool.

Sponsored Links