View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 04:10 AM

KEI7 is on a distinguished road
Bringing back this old thread to show some appreciation to Neil

The headliner cloth of my pano roof shade of my '06 has now peeled off, hanging from the shade and sponges inside crumbling and coming off.

Was able to move out the shades for repair via removing the sunroof glasses.
I removed both the front and rear pano roof glasses though, for the ease of it. Pretty straight forward process.

SO relieved that I did not have to remove the whole roofliner, as I have experienced it on my past bmw and knew how PITA it was.

Now off to peeling and scrubbing off the yucky adhesive sponge grimes and putting on some new liners

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes_its_neil View Post
I was able to remove both shutters through the opening exposed by removing the rear glass. There are 6 screws on the front and 4 screws on the rear shade. You have to move the shades in steps to reveal the screws. Once all screws are undone you can slide the shades to free them from the side mountings. Not easy, but possible. Given the problem with your rear shade, this may not work for you.

Image is of location of rear glass mounting bolts. Says one use only, but I re-used them. I found with the glass in the vent position, access to the front bolts was easier. Torx 25 I'm sure.

There is extra info over on this link, but I only found that this morning, I didn't use it. Gives detail on how the rear and front shades interact. Mine were both functional so I was able to work with the cassette in the car.

Moonroof and/or Sun Shield remove and replace - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Sponsored Links