View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 09:19 AM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Car will run rough until you clear the codes after a fuel stall.

The tank is split in two. If you fuel starved at 1/4 tank that is almost always not the electric pump but is the siphon jet but can also be the sender. I recently rebuilt my sender when is was reporting more fuel than reality.

Learn to use the hidden menu and look at test six to confirm how much fuel is in each side of the tank.

It's quite silly to limit your range to HALF when the X5 can consume every drop of fuel. Literally down to about 150ml. That is about 15 miles past when the DTE reads 0.0.

1/4 tank is a magical value that is the usual case of the transfer pump not working. It is almost exclusively due to a design flaw in the siphon jet pump where an o-ring seal fails. Costs under $1 to repair.

Don't limit to it cars capability by HALF, determine if there is a problem and fix it or determine there is no problem and use the full range. I've been able to drive 550 miles on a tank of gas. When in doubt pull up test six when you are close to a quarter tank. If the right side of tank drops below a liter the siphon jet has failed or the left sender unit has failed.

Did you try to add fuel before replacing fuel pump or just after ?

Sponsored Links