View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 03:24 PM

MaverichX5E70 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
I'd caution you to understand the parts involved and not shop 'kits'. They can sneak in some lower tier vendors, and do not include complete parts. Your link for example has nothing related to the shock/struts.

IMO go w oe parts....unless you want to get into re-engineering the suspension, spring rates, damper characteristics, all you will be doing is guessing based on marketing lies.

Thanks Ard. So if I understand correctly would your advice be to have my mechanic diagnose and replace with OEM parts as necessary until the root cause of the issues are resolved?

I'm not looking for a drop or anything other than a factory ride, however I was wondering if the rear coils did need to be changed if there was a better than factory alternative to compensate for tongue load when trailing?

I've seen other X5 E70's in the neighbourhood and they appear to sit significantly higher in the rear end than mine. When I bought mine, the previous owner had a hitch on it already so the rear suspension I suspect has seen better days and this recent near accident miss may have been the last straw.... Who knows what the vehicle was used to tow and how much weight would have been on the tongue.

Sponsored Links