View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 08:35 AM

zboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxfast View Post
I gutted my orig csv717 comp and nothing is evident, no shavings, scarring, burnt, worn etc, only a couple of scratches on the wobble plate. In studying the pressure passages I can draw a few conclusions FWIW and not being a mech engineer. Again I am looking for a reason the comp would turn internally but not compress initially.
The replaceable PCV in my opinion was not the culprit because its opening is far smaller than any one suc and discharge valve of even one piston to allow total bypass. I did however change it out to no avail. Also when all pressures are equalized at startup it could not create or uncreate a differential on its own.
The suc and discharge check flapper valves were not stuck open because it took hours for the high and low sides to equalize when the car was off. Besides there are 5 pistons give or take and a suc and discharge valve for each and no single alone valve for all. So even if one was stuck open the others combined would over take to create a differential I believe.
The wobble plate when spun by hand was flush causing no piston stroke. The wobbles plate is attached to a spring and the shaft has a half disc which I presume to be an offset weight so under fast revolutions of the engine compared to a hand turn, the offset weight causes the wobble plate to tilt for initial piston stroke. I would think that since my problem was consistent and only corrected under acceleration there could have been a problem with the wobble plate being under too much spring tension or that the shimming washers were not set right or wore if tolerances were critical.
So I did not find the exact problem only a solution. A mech engineer specializing on the subject would be helpful, however if I can help you in any way shoot me a line.
I'm in the same boat. I've given up on replacing compressor as long as it works with the delay for now. Not sure until when.

Sponsored Links