View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 03:26 PM

josiahg52 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbie1 View Post
Yes....the car does have Bridgestone 225/50R/19 RFT tires.....amazing! I think I will add new tires to the budget. Any suggestions on what tires to get??
Thanks again for being so helpful...!!
I think you mean 255/50R19. I had the Bridgestone RFT when I first picked up my X5. They were pretty rough for sure.

I'm currently running 255/50R19 Michelin Premier LTX on the SAP Style 335 9x19" wheels. They are absolutely fantastic tires. Probably the best tire I've used on any vehicle.

If you want run-flat tires, the Michelin Latitude Tour HP ZP gets good reviews.

In the winter, I run 8.5x18" Style 210 wheels with 255/55R18 Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 tires.

In another 10k miles (or more) when my current tires are spent, I'm considering the Latitude Tour HP ZP or Michelin Defender LTX M/S. I also see no reason why I shouldn't just buy another set of the Premier LTX. The difference is, I'm ditching the stupid 19" wheels and going to 8.5x18" Style 446 wheels (from the F15) and 255/55R18 tires.

The advantage my choices have is that they can be rotated through all positions. Get excellent tire life that way. If you go with 20" wheels, you'll need the proper fender flares. The standard setup is staggered so no benefit of full rotation. You can run four of the front wheels which are 10x20"and use 285mm wide tires but you'll need spacers to make it look right in the rear. You'll have bigger wheels and be able to rotate them properly then.

Sponsored Links