View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 10:33 AM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
5700/48=118.75 monthly parts. I tell everybody budget $100. That's not far off. About $100/mo will keep E53 like new probably forever. I'm thinking you may be a little higher than average with some preemptive parts exchange to really keep it new like.

Great feedback on a sweet ride.
For sure. Lots of preventative maintenance parts. Many of which aren't even on the truck yet. I have all the VSS gaskets, seals, and other parts here in a box. Along with a complete cooling system. Still need to get the crossover pipe and a few other preventative stuff before I go in for surgery with her. Until then I'm just enjoying driving it once a week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Yeah time sure does fly.

Red is looking pretty sharp. Nice!

They are definitely not the cheapest BMW to own that’s for sure. LoL..

But, like you said when you got the family loaded up road trippin, there ain’t to many vehicles that give such an awesome experience!
Thanks! And yes, even if way more expensive to own than an E46, E39, or even my wife's E70 diesel... the RoI of the fun and enjoyment more than makes up the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickGT1 View Post
People constantly do a double take when they hear mine is 2006.

Looks great.
Thanks. The techs always take pictures when I take it in to the dealership for an inspection. And agreed. Non-BMW fans are rarely able to guess the age of the truck. E53 was designed very well in terms of the design's lasting freshness.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links