View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 05:46 PM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious4.8is View Post
I found the unicorn!

Black 2004 4.8is. LKQ last Saturday. Front bumper was removed but sitting right in front of it, the rear bumper was still on. Engine, wheels, and gauge cluster was gone and the transmission was stripped of some internal parts. Headlights and hood were missing along with the front struts and and the air compressor items from the back, but for the most part the vehicle was still intact. I watched it online for about two months never having the time or extra money to go check it out to confirm is it was actually a 4.8is as it looked to be from the pictures on the lkq website. After taking about 30 minutes to soak it all in and get over my excitement I spent about four hours getting parts from it that I needed and a few things I wanted. Also took the front and rear bumpers, sliding rear cargo floor, exhaust from the mid-pipe back, front rotors, brake booster, control arms-which looked like they were just installed, door handle carriages, vacuum pump, fuel pump, and various other things. Not sure if I'll hold onto the bumpers and exhaust or not as I don't anticipate crashing my X anytime soon, but I'd hate to sell them and then have a terrible time finding replacements if that situation ever presents itself.

Shipping to Hong Kong would probably be waaaaay over the top expensive.

Do you know if the 4.8 has a specific transfer case or are they all the same across the E53 family?

I'll try and post pictures later tonight.
I am interested on the front bumper if you decide to let it go. You should have grabbed that trailer hitch. Good find!

Sponsored Links