View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 12:10 AM

Millmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmmmm View Post
... but I strongly suspect that's your failure point, especially with the rust present.
Thanks scrmmmm.

I think you’re right. The driveshaft splines do look decent but may very well be worn enough to slip/grind when put in park. I looks like, at some point, someone installed a driveshaft with longer splines to overcome the 1” of worn TC splines, but now have also been rounded off. As I slip the driveshaft in and twist it back and forth, I feel quite a bit of play between the teeth, which I doubt should be there. I wonder if a stretched TC chain would create the low rpm shudder I was feeling and simultaneously torque the spindle teeth flat? Have you guys ever heard that causing shuddering?

But, I will report back when I change the TC spindle, chain and front driveshaft. Just scared of throwing money at those parts and it not actually fixing the issue considering that it did have a shaft with longer splines and I did do the front CVs when I bought it (I under that the c-clip on new cvs can be a failure point if not fully inserted).

Brian

Last edited by Millmo; 10-08-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Sponsored Links