View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 10:48 PM

PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Warning- pretty irrelevant to the E53

Well, fellas yesterday was the final day for our 17 year adventure with the E46 330. We picked up this car via Performance Center Delivery on The Ides of March, 2002.

My wife has dutifully driven it nearly every day since. At just 130k miles, it was set to become our (now 15!) daughter's car next Summer. We'd set an appointment and picked out the new headliner material, leather redye, and carpet clean/freshen. The day prior to the accident, Wednesday, I even ordered KW Street Comfort coilovers. I love the v2's on my E39. I was able to cancel that order.

My wife's eyes had wandered over the past few years to dealership lots across the country. So, the good news is we have a list of candidates- and a few surprises (for me, at least.) I never pictured her as a coupe gal, but she's raised more than one eyebrow at the 2 series. Hrmmff.

We ordered the car just the way she wanted it and did so because it was one of the safest sedans you could get at the time. It did the same job today that it would have done so long ago.

My wife was hit head on. We do not know how fast she was going. My daughter was not in the car. My wife is fine but sore. Some minor burns from the airbag, bruises from the collision, and dizzy from medicine to make her forget about all that.

For E53 content? Well, that's what she's driving for now. The white 4.4 has been called from occasional weeknd service to fill the gaps while we find the next one. The timing of the hoses, cooling system, belts and pulleys could not have been better. We picked it up today.

Goodbye, Baby Blue. And thanks for everything.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links